Monday, November 2, 2015

A rainy evening in Gangtok



Suffocating hot and perspiring humidity oh June Kolkata compelled me to escape from plain land to Sikkim in search of a hilly refuge. Sikkim , my all time favorite state lured me again to take covert in her " thanda thanda cool cool" lap. Even before crossing the West Bengal - Sikkim border at Melli , overcast sky greeted the vehicle. Teesta and Rangeet rivers, green mountainscapes and cloudscapes of different shades of grey not only cooled the sweating body , turned the tired mind to a refreshed and frisky one. When reached Gangtok by late afternoon, a drizzle started which turned to heavy shower  just after I checked in the hotel.


A very late and light lunch cum evening snacks and I got ready for a evening stroll. But the rain crossed cats and dogs status and reached " tigers and lions" stage by then. So had to wait for a while. By 7 pm it settled down to a light drizzle again and a thick layer of mist covered the whole area. As I had not carry any umbrella with me and the cold was not bone penetrating, decided to get drenched a bit. Left the camera in the hotel room, covered the head with windcheater hood and I was on Mahatma Gandhi Road, the Mall area and heart of Gangtok city. People with moods as colorful as their apparels and umbrellas, the decorative lights , the reflections on wet asphalts was so alluring that I cursed myself for not carrying the camera with me. But the hotel was not only distant , I had to ascend again to reach the uphill Mall which appeared very tiring to me then. So and so and so , decided to capture the evening  with my mobile. Sharing some frames from that collection.





















No comments:

Post a Comment